Sunday, July 24, 2011

Yesterday is somewhat of a blur to me.  I have been having a problem with my Eustachian tube in my right ear(at least I think that's where the pain is I've been having). Usually it will go away after a few days and some Claritin but it had been bothering me nearly a month. I went to the doctor and, like a three year old, was told I had discolored fluid behind both ear drums so I got some penicillin for an ear infection.  


Later I got my medicine(after only two days my ear does feel better~I hate taking medication and haven't had an antibiotic for two years, but guess it was warranted), ran errands for Tom and the kids, etc.  When I got home Tyler and Maddie's friends were here so we got dinner ready, packed luggage, etc.  By the time bedtime rolled around I was tired and ready to sack out.


Today I got all 5 kids up and ready for church. After church, Wes wanted to go by Barnes and Noble and get a copy of The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien to take on vacation. He has read The Hobbit in two days and he's usually  more of an information reader than a novel reader!   When we got home, Wes' friend Josh was here.  Tom finally got free from church, I ran two last minute errands for him while he, Wes and Josh packed up the van. By the time they pulled out of the drive around 3pm I was ready to listen to the sound of silence.


Okay, true confession is I miss them.  But, I'm ready to enjoy not cooking every night. Eating when I want, going to bed when I want.  Cleaning out Tyler's closet, cleaning baseboards, the fridge.  Things I don't normally have time for.  And, having lunch with a friend.


So, tonight I'm hanging out with the dogs, enjoying the silence.  And, praying for my family who are all so precious to me.


Saturday's workout:  Angie Gorr Custom 3 Fit (50/50 Cardio and Weights)


What I'm watching:  The Cincinnati Reds and Atlanta Braves play baseball.  I've not watched a single baseball game all season, not even the All Stars!  And, since I grew up in the 70s in the Big Red Machine Era, I'm rooting for my Reds, even though I now live in Braves Country.

No comments:

Post a Comment