Tuesday, July 12, 2011

God absolutely knows what he is doing.  The gift of sleeping in was a total serendipity, an unexpected gift.  Tom, Wes, and Ty were gone.  Maddie slept in (of course, she's a 13 yo teen) but both dogs slept in a bit.  And, I needed it since last night something woke me at 2:30 a.m. and it was about 4 before I fell asleep again!


Today I got the dogs up and taken out, fed, settled down, etc.  Maddie has been helping me with both boys gone but she does like to sleep in a bit~about 8-9, which honestly isn't bad.  Tom was gone to his spin class so the house was quiet.  I enjoy puttering around the yard and road with the dogs in the morning. 


Mary Madison and I later ran some errands.  I grabbed my Bible study materials and Maddie grabbed a book and we headed to Panera Bread.  I had $1 off a scone so I bought that for Maddie and we enjoyed some quiet time to read and chat about what's been going on in our lives.  What a gift that was.  We also ran to the library before coming home.


While Maddie and Tom were at piano lessons, I did a second workout of the day, which I've been enjoying in the summer. I went to the store, Home Depot, the vet, normal kinds of stuff you need to get done.  


I've discovered how much I love talking to the Father in the car.  Sometimes I listen to the Chronicles of Narnia series by Focus on the Family.  But, a lot of the time I don't have a radio on or any noise.  In the stillness I find things to say to God that I just blurt out.  I'm a most impatient drive and those attitudes often spark me to pray for the person I'm irritated with or thank God that they are cautious drivers.  And, I find that God begins to change me in the process~and I need a lot of changing.


It's funny, I've been finding serendipities everywhere.  I just love looking for God sightings around every corner, don't you? (P.S. One of the best was Maddie mopping the kitchen floor~she does the best job at it of anyone)!!


Today's workout:  Slim Series Cardio Sculpt (upper body and a bit of cardio); Xtend Barre warmup, barre, and stretch (lower body).  Tonight I'm craving the yoga routine from Soul Sweat.  In 12 minutes it hits everything and relaxes me to no end.


What I'm watching:  Agatha Christie's The Pale Horse that I recorded from PBS.  I'm prejudiced and think that Joan Hickson is THE penultimate Miss Marple.  This production stars Julia McKenzie, who I like somewhat, but forget a movie with Geraldine McEwan, she seems totally un-Miss Marple like.  Plus, the productions starring McEwan reshape the plots and characters, especially Miss Marple herself, until they are unrecognizable.  Well, so far I'm enjoying this production.  It's not the same, of course~in fact, Miss Marple doesn't even appear in the original story.  But, it's not too artistic and Ms. Mackenzie appears to be a sympathetic and intelligent person.  I hope to finish it up tonight, if Tom and Maddie let me near the TV!

No comments:

Post a Comment