Sunday, July 17, 2011

This morning I was determined to spend some time reflecting, preparing for my week and for worship.  I got ready, got the kids up and moving, and slipped away for about 20 minutes all alone.  I set up my notebook for the coming week, looked back over last week, and read my Bible/prayed.  Somehow, Sunday School and worship were much more meaningful for me today. Thank you, Lord, for allowing me the privilege of participating in worship with a community of believers.


This afternoon I went to Barnes and Noble on my own.  I picked up a homeschool magazine that has a great unit study to do on the Appalachian Trail and some information on camping, teaching math and physics.  Looks like a lot of fun ideas there.  I also got a book to read next week while everyone is at the beach. It's called The Dirty Life by Kristen Kimball.  http://www.amazon.com/Dirty-Life-Memoir-Farming-Food/dp/1416551611/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1310940946&sr=8-1  It came highly recommended and I'm excited about reading it.  It is about a woman who leaves a city life in New York to start an organic farm with a man she falls in love with and marries.  From what I can tell it's one of those books that "everyone" is reading and talking about.


I pray all of you have a blessed, restful Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment