Sunday, July 10, 2011

Last night Tucker started sort of coughing and would spit up water. He was still doing the same things this morning so I called the vet that was on call. I was very worried about parvo, although he didn't really have the symptoms. He met me at the office and Tucker has Kennel Cough, or bordatella. Poor guy, he's got a runny nose, not eating much, tired, etc. The vet gave him a clean bill of health otherwise, said he's 5 months old roughly, 20 pounds. He gave Tucker an injection and then 7 days of antibiotics that we are to give him. He was at the shelter all of 5 days before we adopted him and he still picked this stuff up. However, we're very grateful that it's treatable, as the kids were worrying that it would be something awful that couldn't be treated (I was worried too). He's finally eaten a bit and been drinking lots of water and seems a bit more energetic. I hate it for the little guy, it's like flu/bronchitis in humans.



Church was really nice today. All the youth who went on the mission trip to Alabama had a slide show and shared with the congregation about their trip.  Then the congregation had a "Welcome Back McElroys" reception for us with cake and punch.


Afterwards, we came home and Wes and Tom packed up to head to Atlanta.  Wes is staying there this week to work with my MIL/FIL and just spend some time with them.  Tom has some work in Atlanta, and will be home tomorrow.


Tyler also got packed and I checked things and I took him to Calhoun, GA to meet his buddy Garrison (the one in the pic with Rocky last week).  He's going to stay in Chattanooga with them for a few days, and is so excited. They've missed one another so much.


It's funny the vet told me to keep Tucker quiet as exercise can cause him to cough more.  A little bit ago he went outdoors and saw the cat, ran over to play with him, coughed and spit up some water. Sigh, it's hard to keep a puppy still with a house full of kids and pets.  So, I guess the planning of the boys being gone this week is a good serendipity.  Plus, Maddie and I are looking forward to some "girl power" time.


What I'm reading:  This is actually "what I'm listening to now".  Mary Madison checked out the first book of The Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan, The Red Pyramid, on CD.  She and Tyler have been sharing them at night. Well, Ty wanted me to listen to them so I got most of the way through the first CD driving to Calhoun and back.  It's very similar to the Percy Jackson series he wrote, which Ty, Maddie and I love. The Percy books center around Greek Mythology and the Kane Chronicles around Egytian mythology. So far, an entertaining "read."

No comments:

Post a Comment