Saturday, July 2, 2011

We took a day trip to Jasper in the north Georgia mountains.  I was hoping that it would be cooler than Rome but it was pretty much the same~and it was near 100 today.  We saw a couple of dogs that were up for adoption at a shelter(they were out at a pavilion for the a celebration for the 4th) but nothing that we feel completely fits us yet.

I put dinner in the crock pot before we left (chicken enchiladas, a total creation of my own that the kids love) so I didn't have to worry about cooking when we got home.  Add a big salad with some tomatoes and it was a lovely dinner.

Mary Madison and I had a long talk about how she wants to study math next year.  We checked out some resources and think we have one she will try.  I'm soon going to take Maddie and Wes, one at a time, to Barnes and Noble and to look on Amazon to check out resources.  They know WHAT they have to study but HOW and the resources they use is largely a matter of discussion between the two of us~with a lot of the input coming from them.  Sometimes I put my foot down but have found it better to let them use resources they like. They learn more and are more willing that way, plus it encourages them to take some responsibility for their own education.


Today's Workout:  Joy Bauer's Slimdown (mixture of cardio and weights).  I'm hoping to get in a short walk about 8:30 and then some restorative yoga poses.

No comments:

Post a Comment