Monday, July 18, 2011

Ever have those days?  I got up and began getting ready to exercise. DH and I got the dogs out and back in, fed, etc.  I started to exercise and my pedometer broke~the clip that holds it on came off.  So, I got my old one out, emailed our insurance pedometer program company, and kept on!


The kids have been asking me about going to see Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows, Part 2.  We're totally behind the times seeing it, the opening date was Friday, lol.  Tom said that Ty could stay at the office with him and read, play a game, etc.  So Maddie, Wes and I went to the 1:45 showing.  I thought they did a great job with the movie and we're all a little sad that there won't be any more Harry Potter movies to look forward to seeing.


 I watched the final battle, mesmerized as Voldemort (the evil figure in the Harry Potter books) was killed as his own spell turned against him and he turned to ashes that floated away.  As this happened,  I was thinking of the themes of good versus evil, and mostly love and God reminded me of this:  Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust.  Keep things in perspective.  All things are created by God and are temporary.  Nothing but God and his purposes will prevail for eternity. So, what am I investing my time in with the most passion and purpose?  Are my choices being made for the things that will last?  


The things I most want to impact for eternity are people.  At the moment, God has placed three wonderful children and a husband in my life and I want to make each day count for them, being salt, light, and a witness.  Showing forth agape type love that keeps on in the best interest of the other person, whether it's reciprocated or not. And, for this, I'm so glad I have the person of the Holy Spirit in my life.


What about you?  Are you making choices for things that will last?  Like Harry are our choices, for the most part (because we are all imperfect)reflecting love?  I hope so.  That way one day we'll hear the Father say, "Well done, good and faithful servant."  Because everything else will end up like Voldemort~nothing but dust in the wind.


Today's workout:  Powerfit Harmony Cardio, Speed Burn; Tonya Larson Pure Pump~weight workout one and stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment