Thursday, July 7, 2011

Since I posted a picture of Tucker, I thought I'd show you a picture of the world's best pooch, aka Rocky.  This was taken about two months before he died.  Tom, Tyler, Ty's friend Garrison, and Rocky participated in a Lymphoma Walk in Atlanta, for my SIL Leslie.  After the walk was over, Tom took this picture of Ty, Garrison and Rocky.  Garrison and his family have moved to Chattanooga, TN, thus we've experienced a double loss.  So, this picture is especially sweet to me.




Isn't my poochie precious?  And my son's pretty good-looking too, as is his buddy Garrison!

I've been reading a fabulous book by Elisabeth Elliot, On Asking God Why.  Elisabeth is an 84 year old woman who has suffered the death of two husbands and still kept serving God through missions and speaking and writing ministries to women.  She's solid.  She's biblical.  She's REAL.  The back of her book says, "I seek the lessons God wants to teach me, and that means that I ask why."  

Today I was reading something that says, loosely paraphrased, God cares way more about our character, being transformed into the image of Jesus, than our comfort.  We experience discipline in this life to become more like him.  That often includes loss.  Through letting go, offering things up to the Father, we can relate to Jesus.  He left his throne, was rejected, experienced the agonizing death of a criminal.  For you.  For me.  

So, I take comfort that God is El Roi, the God Who Sees.  El Shaddai, The All-Sufficient One.  He knows. He cares.  And, through the incarnation, he takes that one step further.  He is Emmanuel, God With Us.  Now that's consolation that brings joy.

Yesterday's workout:  Leslie Sansone Walk Blaster Shape and Burn with 2 1/2 pound weights (about three miles).

Today's workout:  Ramping Cardio Express; Slim Sculpt with Ellen Barrett(pilates style strength and cardio with light weights)

And, we've taken lots of little doggie walks in the past two days, with Penny and Tucker.

What I'm watching:  I saw part of Suchet as Poirot in Peril at End House.  So far, I'm enjoying it a lot.  Sticks close to the story line and is well done.  


No comments:

Post a Comment