Monday, September 6, 2010

We've had a busy, full weekend. The kids spent lots of time here on Saturday with their homeschooled friends, Garrison and Mary Jane. The weather was wonderful and cool so they were outside a lot, enjoying the break in temps. They played some games like Monopoly and Life as well.

Wes and I enjoyed the first weekend of College Football and our teams Kentucky, LSU and Georgia all won!

Yesterday we all went to church (except Wes, who has had a head cold). Then DH and Tyler went on an overnight trip with my in laws, while Maddie spent the night with Mary Jane and Wes and I hung out here.

Tyler decided to practice writing yesterday too. He found a book I'd bought on writing and editing and chose the subject, My Pet Cat Peanut. He wrote about it, had me check it for grammar and spelling errors, showed me the symbols he used to correct mistakes, and then re-wrote it. It's proudly displayed on my fridge, he did a marvelous job. That's one of my favorite things about our "learning lifestyle"~the kids don't know that they're not supposed to do something "like school" on the weekends.

Maddie mad a wonderful volcano that she painted and spent time with Tyler, Wes and her dad doing some baking soda/vinegar experiments using it.

I've also gotten some inquiries from women at church about leading a Women's Evening Bible Study. I'm so excited, we're going to meet at Barnes and Noble one Thursday week, starting at the end of the month. I'd appreciate prayers for just the right study for us, and just the right women who need this in their lives right now.

Yesterday, I was challenged in church to ask God to do "immeasurably more than I can ask or imagine." So my prayer is that God will show up in my everyday events, and be HUGE!!

Saturday's Workouts: 10 Minute Solution Rapid Results Fat Burner;
PM Yoga: Desi Bartlett Yoga For Beginners Lunar
Practice

Sunday's Workout: Rest day, but I did Desi Bartlett's Yoga for Beginners Solar
Practice before church

Today's workout: WHFN Strong Bear; PM The Firm Slim
Solutions Yoga for Beginners

No comments:

Post a Comment