Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Things are definitely getting busy, fall is starting back in full swing. The kids soccer is going on, scouts are more active, etc. And, I need to buy new soccer shoes, jeans, etc. for the season. Along with going to the store every two days to try to keep enough food in the house so the kids don't starve. Gee, those teens and preteens eat like truckers!!

Today we worked really hard on our math assignments. We also got our writing assignments for the week. Each one of the kids is picking a state to research and write a paragraph on. We'll then edit and make the finished copy. Wes picked Maine and Mary Madison picked Pennsylvania. Tyler is keeping his a mystery, that's just like him.

The kids also watched Pawn Stars during lunch and rolled some coins for the church. It absolutely amazes me how much history they've learned watching that crazy History Channel show about some men who own a pawn shop in Vegas. But, each piece that comes in to be sold has a story, because they won't buy junk there!

The greatest serendipity of my day was time to sit on the porch with Penny, the beagle, and have some extended study and prayer time. I'm convicted about how this has lapsed for me and I really want to commit to this. My Bible reading is going fine, I just need to make time to let God talk to me, and to talk more in depth with him. Maddie came out when I was about finished and listened in on my prayer time, it was a sweet time together.

Today's workout: Firm Webisode Low Impact Challenge; Karen Voight Half
and Half Low Impact Cardio
PM Yoga: Yoga to the Rescue for Neck and Shoulders, with
Desiree Rumbaugh

Thanks Lord, for the rhythm to my days. I get to wake up and walk the dog for a mile in the cool air; exercise to rejuvenate in the afternoon; and end my day with some yoga. I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment