Thursday, September 16, 2010

Today was one of those days when Rocky was an absolute joy to walk!! I was just thinking about how he was turning out to be a really well-behaved dog. Then this morning I caught him tearing up an old sofa pillow. Sigh. Oh well, I needed to throw it out anyway, but it seems like it's always one step forward, one step back~kind of like me with the Lord, I guess.

The kids are doing some nature journal work today. They began by looking at some journals and why we should even keep a nature journal. I have them looking only at out yard because they need to know that nature exists here~where they live, right now, regardless of the seasons. Wes has picked a Cleveland pear tree and Maddie and Tyler are still working on theirs.

We are also working on our history. Since the kids have been interested in some wars more lately, we watched the History Channel presentation of the Civil War on George McClellean during lunch. This was a particularly good discussion generator since McClellan has so many gifts but was also plagued by fear and pride. And, by listening to a lot of bad advice. We're not often given such a clear picture of how our decisions impact us, and those around us!!

We're exploring dioramas, thinking about making one for a Civil War battlefield, should be interesting!

The kids finished some work in their books and then the boys had to clean the bathroom and Maddie mopped the kitchen. I gave the bathroom chore to Wes and Ty because they make the biggest messes in there~mostly Tyler! Wes is like having an adult supervise the cleaning though~I need to give him a treat for having to do that work today, lol.

Tom and I are going to dinner after we pick Maddie up from soccer practice, yippee! It will be nice to reconnect after a busy week, although Wes is urging me to not eat all my food and bring him home a doggie bag.

God, thanks that you will not forsake me and love me even when my behavior is more like a "bad dog" than a "good girl."

Today's workout: Firm Complete Aerobics and Weight Training
PM Yoga: Yoga Now! 30 Minute Core workout with Rodney Yee

No comments:

Post a Comment