Thursday, September 23, 2010

I'm so glad Tom will be home tonight!  There's just something so good about knowing I'm not the only one here with all the responsibility~plus I plain 'ole missed him.

Today I gave the kids chores to do since we have co-op tomorrow.  On the one hand, I'm glad for them to spend time with other homeschooled kids~and get some really great classes.  Tyler will study drawing, Christmas around the World, PE and Manners.  Maddie and Wes will study drawing, theater, Old Testament Heroes, and PE.  But, I hate that it is on Friday now since Tom is off then and we enjoy being with him. We'll be there from 9 to 12:30 so we'll see how that works.

Back to the chores.  Maddie cleaned the kitchen counters and mopped the floor while Ty cleaned the bathroom counters and toilet.  Wes swept the floors really well.  The also did their regular math and grammar, etc.  I had to go to the store and also got a GREAT pair of nice jeans at Ross for $12.  I love Ross and TJ Maxx!!

After getting my workout in (my longest for the week, glad that's done) I ran to the bank for Tom and am now getting dinner before Maddie has soccer practice.  I also have to sub for a woman teaching the drawing class (I need my brother, I can't draw a straight line!) so I need to get ready for that.

Today as I read my usual Bible texts ( I read through the Bible in a year each year, using different Bibles and versions) I slowed down and prayed back texts and ideas to the Lord.  It was such a sweet time with him.  Father, please help me to slow down. With all the busy things we have to do, it's so easy to make you an item on my checklist. Never let me do that~but to know that every second I spend soaking in the beauty of who you are is more important than anything else I'll ever do.  And I need to dress myself daily in your armor to be prepared for the tasks you have for me.  That armor truly fits me like a glove~even better than a new pair of jeans. 

Today's workout:  Firm Super Cardio
Tonight's Yoga:  10 Minute Solution Quick Sculpt Pilates, Standing Section
                             10 Minute Solution Yoga for Beginners, Balance and Flexibility section.  I'm doing a focus on balance along with some friends on my Barefoot and on the Mat checkin at VF.

No comments:

Post a Comment