Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Today was one of those days for me. I'm very tired, cranky, and out of sorts. And, I didn't really eat as well as usual. All of that combined to make me decide to skip the church dinner tonight. Well, that and the pork chops they were having (I'm not big on pork chops!!). I've enjoyed the quiet, done a restorative yoga practice, and taken the older dog, Penny, and a slow walk through part of the neighborhood.

This morning the kids were finishing their final drafts for the state papers from their weekly writing project. We discussed grammatical, punctuation and spelling errors, and made final drafts. They also worked in their math books and comprehensive curriculum books. Maddie and Tyler played a board game, and Tyler has been studying some science books so he quizzed us about various topics related to air, water, and even saliva and it's uses!!

Maddie and her dad had piano lessons and the boys did some chores around the house for me and then did some building projects and independent reading.

Tomorrow I really need to get to the nature journaling lessons I planned for the week. They are from our curriculum website and really look like the kids will enjoy them a lot.

A big victory for me is that I had my prayer time again in the afternoon. Even though I was feeling "off" I just dedicated it to the Lord as an offering, even if it didn't feel very holy. And I know that his Word and time with him will never return void, so I know beyond belief I've been blessed.

Today's Workout: This was a semi-rest day so I did Yoga Booty Ballet Latin Flavor, a light cardio, yoga and core workout, done barefoot, Aaahhh... plus it's just plain silly fun.
PM Yoga: Yoga to the Rescue for Neck and Shoulders, Desiree Rumbaugh (tutorial flow).

What I'm reading: Finishing up Agatha Christie's Mrs. McGinty's Dead, for the millionth time. I'd started it last week and put it aside and just remembered it.

No comments:

Post a Comment