Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I'm glad to see the end of another busy day. It's quiet and the dogs are lying at my feet, while the children are in bed for the night. These are some of my favorite times because I can listen to the sound of silence and I treasure that.

Tyler had a dental appointment and had no cavities. We're really proud as he's worked hard on brushing and flossing well this year. Maddie, Wes and I spent time on US History while Ty was at the dentist with Tom. We read about Sir Walter Raleigh sending people to the North Carolina coast. We also watched a Civil War Documentary on the History Channel on Fort Sumter and the causes of the Civil War. I think the children feel history come to life when they hear the stories of real people struggling with their emotions and feelings during the struggle~like Anderson, the Union Commander at Sumter, struggling with his duty to country and loyalty for his fellow Southerners (he was from Kentucky).

We finished our reports on the science behind our seasons today. When Tyler got home, he grabbed his Comprehensive Curriculum and Math books and worked without being told to~WOW, what a wonderful serendipity!!

I had to meet a gal for tutoring at the library and left the kids here to read and relax with some outside play. I stopped by one of the local consignment stores and got a couple of cute Ann Taylor sweaters for Maddie to wear to church for $1 each.

Tonight I ate with the United Methodist Women and got to enjoy some "girl time." Every mom needs this now and then! The program was on God being love and how that plays out in our lives. I was struck by the reminder that it's much easier to condemn practices like abortion and homosexuality than to do the hard work of figuring out how to love the people making sinful choices. And, how easy it is to condemn their sins but overlook mine. These are tough questions with no easy answers, and I pray that God helps me to be like Jesus when he said to the woman caught in adultery, "Neither do I condemn you. Go and sin no more."

Today's Workout: Firm Wave Rock Solid Cardio and Sculpting Stick Cardio Challenge Webisode
PM Yoga: Yoga for Stress Relief, Lower Back Release

No comments:

Post a Comment