Friday, September 24, 2010

We had our first homeschool co-op for the year and the kids enjoyed it a lot.  Maddie and Wes had courses in Drawing, Theater, Old Testament Battles and PE. Ty's courses included Drawing, Manners, Christmas in other Countries, and PE.  It was good to see the other families again and the kids made some new friends, especially Wes!!

The biggest praise I have for the day is that our weather should be changing soon. We're supposed to be in the mid 90s again tomorrow~for soccer games, oh joy~but then slip into the upper 70s and low 80s for the next 10 days at least.  I'm so excited to see that change coming.

And, I'm grateful for some alone time that I'll get tomorrow. Tyler is leaving early in the morning for an overnight scout trip and Wes, Maddie and Tom will be gone from mid-afternoon until bedtime at a youth event.  Thanks God for the small gifts of stillness, cool weather. 

Tyler and I were talking today about how God will never change how much he loves us because of our behavior.  That's a really hard concept for a 10 year old to grasp but to be honest, it is often hard for me too~because everything in our society is based on how we look, perform, act, etc. 

So today, I am grateful to God that he is the same and will never change.  And I encourage you to spend some time thinking on that aspect of his character~I know that when we get even a tiny glimpse of that settled deep in our hearts, every minute of our lives will become serendipitous.

Today's Workout:  10 Minute Solution Knockout Body, Jessica Smith
PM Yoga:  10 Minute Solution for Beginners, Stress Relief Yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment