Friday, September 3, 2010

Today was my fabulous Friday morning out! I got the kids working on some history that we needed to catch up on ~reading, writing, etc. And since Tom is home on Fridays he had them helping him with some chores and projects. I had time to run to the mall and get Wes a new pair of nicer flip flops on sale at American Eagle. I can't believe at 14 that he's already wearing a bigger shoe size than his dad!

I also did some shopping for a casual wedding we're attending in a couple of weeks. I got a great deal on a sweater and skirt and splurged on some American Eagle clogs.

I ran into a lady who works at Burger King and knows I homeschool the kids~we used to go to breakfast there each week before our co-op classes. She asked me if I would tutor her on Friday afternoons in English so she could study for her GED. Yikes, my husband has been praying for me to be able to do some things like this and God answered his prayers. Thanks, God, I think. Please be praying for me and for Debbie, that this will be a wonderful thing in her life, and in mine, in many ways.

When I got home, the kids were finishing up their work left undone from the week~that's what Fridays are for here. Then they were doing some reading, which we all LOVE to do. I got my workout in and then suggested the kids invite their homeschooled friends in the neighborhood over. DH then decided to cook a bunch of ribs and man, that dude can make a mess in the kitchen when he cooks, but they were a hit.

Tonight I'm going to curl up with a book and maybe go to sleep early. I love anticipating a longer weekend. Plus, the weather is supposed to be in the lower 80s the next couple of days, with lows in the upper 50s. What a nice gift from the Father before the temps head back up to the 90s.

Thank you God for time alone, time with friends, and time with family. And thank you for serendipities that give me a chance to serve you, even if it's outside of my comfort zone.

Today's workout: The Firm Slim and Trim Medicine Ball Workout
PM: 20 minute practice from Yoga for Everyone with Hemalayaa

What I'm reading: Eat the Cookie, Buy the Shoes, by Joyce Meyer

No comments:

Post a Comment