Thursday, September 22, 2011

You know the verses from Romans. What I don't want to do I do and the very thing I want to do I don't do?  It sounds like an exercise in rhetoric but I unfortunately identify with Paul on this one all too much.  Especially today.


Tom is leaving tomorrow and will be gone all weekend until Sunday evening at Rock Eagle United Methodist Men's retreat.  Tyler has a camp out Saturday through Sunday and we spent part of the day shopping for all the items he has to take for his pack to do cooking. We're also looking at his list of things to pack, Astronomy lists for things he needs for Co-op tomorrow, etc.  And, Ty's been easily distracted today. I think the all day rain fest has had something to do with us all being a bit off~we just wanted top get out.


So, I maintained my cool okay until Tom came home and began asking some questions. They were innocent but I took them wrong, due to all the stress I'm facing~most of it of my own doing.  None of this has to be perfect.  None of it has to be done all by me.  I need to learn the art of delegating and, gasp, asking for help.  And, getting more sleep~this week that's been in short supply for various reasons (mostly allergies keeping me up).  


I guess it's good for kids to see their parents sin and then have to ask for forgiveness.  They know that it's okay to blow it, offer and receive grace, and still be a part of a family. And that's the most important lesson we learned in the McElroy homeschooling  family today!!


Today's workout:  Leslie Sansone's 5 Really Big Miles~Miles 1, 3, 5 and Cool down and stretch.


Oh and P.S.  Mom's other solution to feeling a bit stressed and down?  Chocolate.  Yep, I ate a brownie, part of a cupcake and a bite of Wes' candy bar.  YIKES that's not my normal fare. But some days chocolate makes things better, LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment