Thursday, September 15, 2011

This is the closest thing I can find to the color of the sky most of the day. The good news is that it only hit about 79 since it's overcast.


Today was interesting since I had a crazy night last night.   I got up at 1 am to let Penny go out~we all forgot to take her before we went to bed~oops.  Then I heard something at 1:30 am and I'd left the computer on and Ty was up playing a game. When he saw me standing there he jumped up with the look on his face as if to say, "I just got nabbed."  I told him very quietly that he was in trouble and he said, "Yeah, I bet!"  By then I couldn't sleep and was up until 3:30. Then a little after 6 the dogs wanted out, lol.  Oh well.  I took a cat nap around 10:30 after starting some school stuff with the kids.  I do have wonderful kids, by the way, who will let their momma have a nap.


This afternoon we went to the library. Wes found an entertaining book about why Pluto was "demoted" as a planet.  Tyler got an audio book and a Goosebumps book. That would be fine if the crazy book didn't scream every time you opened the cover~it's driving us nuts, lol. Mary Madison chose books on Ancient Greece and sea critters.  


Tonight Ty starts soccer practice and we have our co-op orientation/Tyler's first Astronomy class in the morning. It should be fun.


Today's workout: Karen Voight Sweat Effect. 35 minutes of lower impact cardio that is kickboxing focused.  It then ends with 15 minutes of very targeted floorwork for the glutes (a huge ouchie) and the abs, using a foam roller. Then a lovely stretch.  I really need to get yoga and foam rolling in tonight, I've not done much of it this week.


What I'm reading:  Tim Tebow, Through My Eyes.  ( http://www.amazon.com/Through-My-Eyes-Tim-Tebow/dp/0062007289/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316121242&sr=8-1). I got this from the library and it just came in today.  I'm not a Florida Gator fan but am a huge college football fan. And everyone who knows me knows this fact:  I LOVES me some Tim Tebow!  He was homeschooled for a bit, his parents are/were missionaries, and his   faith simply shines through.  I could care less whether or not he ever takes another snap as an NFL Quarterback, he's just a stand-up young man and I'm excited to read the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment