Monday, September 26, 2011

The weekend was busy but a lot of fun. We got Tyler off to scouts early on Saturday a.m.  I stopped and got a cup of coffee and still came home and fell asleep for 30 minutes!  Oh well, it felt good.  I got my workout in and ran an errand and then Wes and I watched a bit of football that afternoon and I did some cleaning~dusting, etc.


That night we had a game night at church.  That was a lot of fun.  I played Mexican Train Dominos with some folks and had a good time.  I'd never played before but it was easy to catch on~at least to the "church rules" they play by!


Wes and I came home at 8pm to watch the LSU Tigers play football.  Maddie wanted to stay so I asked a couple that lives two streets over to drop her off.  Well, about 9:30 she came in with two whole pizzas, tortilla chips and spinach dip, several 2 liters of soft drinks, several pieces of fried chicken and some whipped cream.  LOL, weird assortment, but everyone piled the stuff they didn't want to take home on Maddie, who of course loved it.


Sunday we went to church and that afternoon picked up a tired but happy Tyler. Tom got home about 6 pm.  Today he's getting ready to head back to Atlanta for a three day conference, and will be home again Thursday in time for dinner.


I pray you all had a wonderful weekend, complete with time to worship.  After all, worship is the true air of life for every Christian~and it just makes things better, doesn't it?


Saturday's workout:  Denise Austin Sculpt and Burn Body Blitz:  Warmup, Kickboxing, Athletic Cardio; Karen Voight Sweat Effect (cardio, lower body, abs, stretch).


Today's workout:  Karen Voight Strength Effect


What I'm reading:  Death in a Difficult Position by Diana Killian.  I've read all the books in this yoga mystery series and really enjoy them. They're light, fun, easy reading.  Here's an amazon link (although I got mine from our library).  http://www.amazon.com/Difficult-Position-Mantra-Murder-Mystery/dp/0425243818/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1317074175&sr=8-5

No comments:

Post a Comment