Monday, September 12, 2011

Okay, so my goal is to get Maddie and Tyler to take more pictures of things we do during the school day. That way I can post them here in the blog for everyone to see, which might make things more fun.  


Today we checked out Everything Homeschooling for the week and it's ALL about Nature Journaling.  Maddie and Tyler were very excited and did some leaf rubbings, bark rubbings, and classification of trees in our front yard.  Wes thinks he can't draw but did say he'll incorporate this with his telescope work and see about drawing some constellations.


Speaking of Wes, he got this GREAT telescope at my mother and father in laws.  Man, it's really powerful.  He set it up the other night and I couldn't believe the things we were seeing on the surface of the moon~craters, rocky patches, etc.  It was so neat and just reminded us all of how awesome God is!!!


I also spent time working with Tyler on long division. He's slowly getting there but just HATES it. Well, so did the other two. It's definitely a process and I'm looking forward to that big "AHA" moment with him that I had with Maddie and Wes.


Tom has a meeting tonight and Tyler has scouts so it's off to the races.  I pray God's blessing on each person reading about our journey today.


Today's workout:  I am trying desperately to cycle through old DVDs and see what I want to keep. Today I did a strength training workout with Karen Voight from 2006.  It's called Strength Effect and I loved it. It has a dynamic warmup, 5 minutes of cardio to increase circulation and calorie burn, and the body of the workout uses a foam roller to increase the core work and balance challenge.  I'll definitely be pulling it out again soon.


I also walked Tucker about 8 am when it was 60 degrees.  I'm so glad I did, it's about 87 now!

No comments:

Post a Comment