Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sometimes I think that I live in the loudest house in America.  Tucker and Penny love to play by barking loudly at one another and my kids think they should all speak at the same time.  Okay, usually it's not terrible but today has just been a LOUD day.


Tyler got his Astronomy book for his Studying God's Creation through Astronomy class he's going to take at co-op this year.  Their first class is this Friday, during co-op orientation.  I love the book.  It's based on Charlotte Mason methods of notebooking, narration, and experiments. And, the text is written directly to the student and is interesting.  Both of the older children wan to read it too. They will be doing some notebooking and the experiments together at co-op, which should be fun.


We also spent time talking about Nature Journaling and John Muir.  Tyler read his history lesson about Japanese Samurai so we can begin reading and doing some fun work with that tomorrow.  


I asked Wes to write a paragraph for me to check on spelling, punctuation, etc.  I told him he could write on any topic he chose.  Well, he chose CHOCOLATE and it just made me laugh. But, he did a good job with it.


Maddie continues to work in her general science book and is really enjoying her pre-Algebra. What a blessing that is since she was so math-phobic for so many years.


No other big notes of interest from the McElroy homeschool today.  I did make chore charts for the kids to tic off as they do their weekly chores.  Let's see if that stops some of the "Oh Sorry, Mom, I forgot" choruses I hear from a couple of them. 


Today's workout:  Petra Kolber Bootcamp Boogie.  One hour of cardio alternating bootcamp style work (mostly kickboxing), dance inspired work, and 45 seconds of intervals.  Very fun.  I  plan to do some Rodney Yee yoga tonight too.

No comments:

Post a Comment