Sunday, October 31, 2010

Whew, what a great weekend.  My parents made it here Friday afternoon and we ate dinner at Outback Steak House that night.  Saturday we went shopping at some Thrift Stores and ran around.  We also watched football and baseball and the two youngest kids went Trick or Treating. Wes held down the fort with our trick or treaters and had fun giving out candy.  After church today, my parents took off for Kentucky.  We had a lunch at church and then I came home and napped. 

Right now Wes is walking the dog, Tom is picking up Maddie from a Halloween party, and Tyler is on his way home from a friend's house.  The house is quiet~Penny is lying by my side and we're enjoying the silence.  I love having my family in and HATE that they live so far away.  But I must admit that these moments of quiet are serendipities that I just soak up.

I also had a long talk with my brother today which is always nice.  I never thought he'd be a phone person but he's becoming more so the older we get and that's so much fun for me.  Which just goes to show that our prayers matter.  God may not answer in our time or way, but the years of praying over my relationship with my brother are starting to show fruition.  We're VASTLY different people~in looks, personality, and many other ways.  But at the end of the day I love him because he's my brother and I need no other reason.  I think he's at that place right now too and I just have to say that all praise goes to the Father. 

You see all those years I prayed for God to change my brother made little change.  But the relatively few years of praying "Change Me" have done the trick.  I'm learning that it's okay to pray for other people and their "issues" but never before I get the log out of my eye. 

So Father, thank you for all those blessings I take for granted.  Time with family, the taste of chocolate on my tongue, the purr of my cats, the big eyes and wagging tails of my dogs, the cool Fall weather.  Thank you for the warmth of my home, blue October skies, friends and answered prayers.  Mostly, thank you for the gift of learning that it's never too late for your grace to change me.  So this "old dog" bows in obedience, waiting for you to show her all kinds of "new tricks."

Friday's workout:  Firm Lower Body Sculpt II
Saturday's workout:  Do walking the dog and walking all over the place shopping count?(I had 13,000 steps on my pedometer)
Today's workout:  A true rest day (except for the fact that Rocky "made" me walk him a bit this morning).

What I'm reading:  Agatha Christie's Caribbean Mystery

No comments:

Post a Comment