Friday, October 15, 2010

Busy, busy last couple of days.  Yesterday we did a lot of regular work in our workbooks, catching up from Wes taking the day off for the braces.  We also wanted to get ahead so we didn't have to worry about the work today when we got home from co-op.  After that, we made a trip to the library and then Maddie had soccer practice and I had Ladies' Bible Study.

Oh~Wes, Tyler and I also watched a History Channel show we taped on Barbarian warfare techniques and weapons.  Tyler cracked us up by announcing that Boudica(a Celtic warrior queen who lead her people against Rome) would be his kind of woman~he liked her spirit and style, lol.

Today we had co-op so we got up early to get going.  When I was walking Rocky, there were three beautiful does in a a neighbor's yard, not 10 feet from us.  Rocky and I just stared, as did they, and then the quietly walked off after 10 seconds or so.  What a beautiful serendipity!! 

After we got home from co-op, I had to run to the grocery.  My remote for the car door has a crack in the top and won't stay on my key chain.  So, I have to unlock the doors manually.  After getting all my groceries, I put the key in, unlocked the doors, threw my purse in the front seat (along with my cell phone), closed the door and went to open the back door to load in the groceries.  Guess what?  I'd locked the door, aarrrrgh.  So, I accosted a stranger, borrowed her cell phone, and got Tom to bring me the spare door key.  Thank goodness we just live about 1/4 a mile away. 

I then came home, exercised quickly, and fixed baked spaghetti casserole (okay, it's mostly spaghetti, sauce ,pepperoni and cheese, no big deal, lol) and got in a quick workout.  Now Maddie has a friend spending the night and Tyler is at the friend's house~a swap. Wes and Tom are at a football game and I'm getting ready to settle in with a good book.  Thank you Father for beautiful moments such as seeing a deer, good books, and the sound of silence.

Yesterday's Workout:  The Firm Calorie Explosion
Today's Workout:  The Firm Wave, Rock it Off

What I'm reading:  The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larson (highly recommended, I hope I like it).

No comments:

Post a Comment