Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Today we were cleaning in the living room/dining room.  I got up this morning just dreading cleaning all of those wooden blinds.  So, I just went ahead and began.  Mary Madison jumped in and we had all of them, the windowsills, and all the furniture cleaned really well before we knew it!  Then she walked the dog with me and I took her out for a bagel at McDonald's for being so helpful. Then Wes took over and cleaned the baseboards and floors.  Tyler was sleeping in late so he's had to help Tom cook dinner~he got off lucky, actually.

Yes, Tom is grilling burgers tonight. He volunteered to be in charge of dinner and I went window shopping at Ross and TJ Maxx for a bit~just so I didn't get drawn into cooking, lol.

Maddie and I watched an Agatha Christie movie we taped on DVR from PBS~The Secret of Chimneys.  It was AWFUL~they added Miss Marple, changed the entire story, and had one of my favorite characters in the story become the killer. I just don't like the new Mrs. Marple~they change the story lines a LOT with her, I guess to differentiate them from the other Miss Marple movies.

I sold a large, expensive piece of exercise equipment on Craigslist~my Fluidity bar, like a ballet bar.  I enjoyed using it for many things but honestly, we just don't have the room for it here.  I will really like socking away the money as I'm in need of a couple of new sweaters for the Fall to wear to church, with jeans, etc.

As I was studying my lesson today on taking my thoughts captive, I realize how I'm often defeated because I think I can't control my mind.  Well, I can choose to cry out to the Holy Spirit for help in what thoughts to focus on, what to put into my mind through various forms of media, etc.  So, I'm going to keep a log one day this week of how I spend my time, and how my thought life relates to it.  Should be EYE-OPENING!

Today's workout:  Tracie Long Training (TLT) Strength in Movement (functional type weight workout with medicine ball cardio between weight segments).
PM Yoga:  10 MS Yoga for Relaxation

No comments:

Post a Comment