Thursday, October 28, 2010

We accomplished so much today that I'm looking forward to relaxing this weekend with my parents.  I got my hair cut, bought a fabulous cashmere sweater for $8 (you will soon find out I love to consignment shop) and we mopped the floors, washed sheets and slipcovers, and spruced up a bit more.  Maddie also gave Penny a bath (our beagle) so she smells good for Grammy and Gramps!

In between all of that, we got some math and other seat work done but nothing too creative this week. (Okay, we did watch a documentary on the History of Halloween and the technology used to mummify people during lunch a couple of days this week.  Do NOT watch how to mummify while eating, lol)  That's okay, we did were busy with life and that is what counts.

As far as workouts, I exercise pretty hard for about 3.5 weeks per month and the last 1/2 week I do more recovery type workouts and throw in extra rest days.  It really helps me with soreness, motivation, and plain ole' fun.  So, I hit that spot today too.  It feels good to gear down just a bit. 

As I cycle through my workout routine with lighter and more intense, I realize that we all need those spots on our lives. The older I get the more I realize my need for them. And God, fabulous creator and perfect Father, has built that concept of Sabbath into our weeks.  I often find myself not using Sabbath that well.  Instead of seeing it as a burden, what if we approached it as I do my recovery time?  With a sense of lightness, anticipation and playfulness?  Lord, this week, I ask you to build in me a sense of joy in rest.  Let me never think the world can't go on without me, but that I can't go on without YOU. 

Today's workout:  My FAVORITE recovery workout:  Dance off the Inches Country Line Dance.  I don't usually like country; I don't line dance.  But I love the fun quality of this little gem.  It is so refreshing and fun.  I just found out the same instructor has a new DOI Country Line Dance Party coming out in December and I may have to ask my husband to get that for me for my Christmas gift!!

What I'm reading:  Agatha Christie The Secret of Chimneys.  I just recently saw a production of this on PBS and HATED it.  They put Miss Marple in there and made one of my favorite characters the murder.  So, I want to re-read this to remind myself of what a good story it really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment