Friday, October 22, 2010

Today was homeschool co-op day.  I planned to get up early, go to McDonald's to read my Bible alone, walk the dog, and then get to the co-op by 9am. Well, Tom got up to go with me and got busy with some things.  I got home about 8:20 and had time for a doggie walk with Rocky or makeup application.  I opted to walk the pooch and went out without anything on my face but sunscreen.  Tyler told me I look the same as WITH makeup.  I'm not sure if that's a compliment or it means I need a serious makeover!!

I took a nap after co-op as the darn cold is hanging on and then exercised.  Wes and his dad did some work together and then went out for a long bike ride. Maddie worked on cleaning her room well for Grammy and Gramps to come visit next week~she was scrubbing the front of her door and said she had no idea how much elbow grease I'd put into doing all this FOR her over the years.  A great lesson, huh?  Tyler spent time cleaning up his room a bit too and then after they both practiced piano they took off to spend time with their friends on the next street over.

So now, the chili is cooking.  Tom and Wes are doing a project in the dining room (Tom ordered glass shelves for my china cabinet and they're installing it~for the life of us we can't think how two glass pieces of a cabinet could get lost in a move).  And I'm sitting here, enjoying the sound of silence~except for Penny's snoring, lol. (She's the 12 yo Beagle).

As I sit in stillness, I'm reminded that God designed us to have flow in our lives.  Times of work, times of play; times of intense study, times of reflection; times of exercise, times of rest.  Balance is so elusive in a culture that demands constant action.  Father, help me to see the need for balance~and to teach that to my children. For without balance, it's hard to hear that still, small voice you often choose to speak in.

Today's workout:  Slim Series Express Cardio Core

No comments:

Post a Comment