Thursday, October 21, 2010

Yesterday I ended up going out to lunch with Tom and then came home and napped instead of exercising.  I told the kids that yesterday was an "unschool" day~go learn something. They LOVE it when I do that.  Wes studied quasars and galaxy types (sombrero, elliptical, etc); Maddie practiced piano and learned about the piano mechanics, plus did some art and reading; Tyler spent time learning about Greek Myths (he got interested while reading the Percy Jackson stuff).  It was nice to see them learn on their own and gave me a break to rest!!

Today we got our regular stuff done and then worked on doing some chores we'd neglected.  The house really needed to be swept, dusted, etc.  Tyler and Wes tackled Tyler's closet and that was a chore!  Maddie cleaned up the screened-in porch, which needed attention too.  Then we spent time reading and went to Barnes and Nobles to see if there were any new books we wanted to check out at the library or purchase.

Today I was praying for Tom and the kids from the book of I Thessalonians.  I was praying that we'd be kept pure and blameless until the time Christ returns.  And, I was thinking about what purity means and even looks like today. It's so unpopular and uncommon that being pure in body, soul and spirit, as the scripture says, will help us stand out like "stars in the universe" so that others are drawn to Jesus.

Lord, as Wes and I are fascinated by the stars in the universe, may everyone one of us in this house blaze forth, lighting the way to you, as a star over a stable did many years ago. 

Yesterday's workout:  Cathe Total Body Stretching, Stretch on the Stability Ball, segment 1 (rest day)

Today's Workout:  Cathe Shock Cardio Circuit Blast (with definite modifications, I think Cathe's legs are made of springs)!!

What I'm reading:  Agatha Christie Halloween Party.  I read this one about this time every year.  I enjoyed The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo but it was a bit more violent and rough than I generally like so I'm not going to read the other two in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment