Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Wow, haven't gotten to write in a bit.  We had a great weekend with our friends, but it was hectic.  We got involved in some major traffic on the way home and barely had time to change before dinner.  On Sunday I was tired so I decided to take an extra day off from exercise and it was the best thing for me.

Yesterday the kids and I did a lot of spelling exploration.  I gave them words in a kind of game from the book we read on the Lost Colony of Roanoke (yes, we finally finished it).  All three also did some online games, quizzes, etc. with different levels of spelling just to mix things up.

Today we spent time reading about Sun exploration.  Nuclear fusion, Coronal Mass Ejections, Magnetism, Sun Spots and Maunder Minimums made for some lively discussion.  Tom gave us an article in a National Geographic and the pictures were breathtaking.  We also spent some time looking at pictures of Saturn's rings and how they think they have ice tsunamis in them. 

The funny thing about the Sun is that I remembered a song I learned about the sun in elementary school and the kids had a ball laughing at me singing "The sun is a mass of gas, a gigantic nuclear furnace.  Where hydrogen is built into helium..."But hey, they will know all the basics of they learn the song!

Tomorrow Wes is getting his braces on so he talked me into getting him a Southern Style Chicken sandwich for lunch and pizza for dinner~out of fear that he would be too sore to eat junk food, lol.  Plus he has to give up popcorn, chewy candy, etc.  In fact, I think I hear him making a bag of microwave popcorn all for himself right now.

God thank you that in every thing we study, we see you.  As your Word says in Romans, you've left your fingerprints throughout nature so we can find you.  Lord, may I be found by you, and in you.

Today's workout:  WHFN Steamin' Cardio
Yesterday's workout:  WHFN Pump

I've not done yoga since last week and really need to get back to it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment