Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday!  And an entire week of Fall break ahead.  We are going to do some deeper cleaning next week, a room a day, for a couple of hours and the kids are so excited.  Okay, they're not.  And Dad, if you're reading this, since you're retired we expect you to come stay for the week and help~I know Mom has you trained REALLY well with all of this!!

Okay, so today was co-op and the children are settling in and really enjoying it.  Even Wes, who was less than enthused about taking Drama and Drawing, is learning and having fun.  Plus, he's met another homeschooled guy a year older than he is.

Okay, funny co-op story.  One of my jobs is to gather all trash at the end of the day, put it all into a larger bag, and then get Wes to take it to the dumpster.  Well, when I hit one trash can, all that was in it was a red solo cup.  I picked it up to throw away and it had a DEAD MOUSE in it~I about died, lol.  The older kids said it was dead in one of their class rooms so they decided to throw it away.  I'm just glad it was the older kids who found it, not the Kindergarten class~chaos would have erupted!

Tom got the van back and the bill was only $70~I absolutely love our godly, hilarious mechanic.  It's nice to have someone you can trust for something about which you know nothing.

I took Maddie and Tyler to Pier 1 and Michael's this afternoon to look around.  Ty had to come because Tom and Wes were both gone.  It's so funny, he had a ball looking at both places.  And, I can trust him to look at things on his own and not touch touch breakables, be wild, etc.  For those who know Ty, you KNOW this is such a sign of maturity in him~he really has grown up a LOT in the last 6 months and we're really proud of him.  And proud of what a good big sister Maddie is to him.

Tonight we went out for appetizers at Chili's, such a treat for the kids.  They were worried about not getting enough to eat but had such fun sampling things that we all had enough.

I have not had enough time for the Lord the past two days, though, and am feeling the burden of it. Tomorrow I really need to spend time alone with him, letting him love on me to renew my strength.  During this weekend, I pray you will find such time for you.  It will be even more refreshing than the cool weather moving in.

Today's workout:  Tracie Long Step Forward
PM Yoga:  YfSR, Easing Neck and Shoulder Tension (my shoulders and neck feel INCREDIBLE after doing this three days in a row).

No comments:

Post a Comment