Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My Mary Madison is 13 today and in honor of her birthday I chose blue, her favorite color.  She's had quite the day.  We went to Olive Garden for lunch with another friend of hers who is homeschooled too. She also asked me to declare an "unschool" day since her brothers have summer birthdays and don't have school then.  So she played games, did crafts and art projects, and read a favorite book~a perfect day for her.

Even though the teenage hormones rage and things aren't always fun, I wouldn't change a second of my time with her.  Having children has been one way God has insured that I stay humble, teachable, and in touch with my sin and self-centeredness.  And just when I think nothing can go right in a day, my child or children do something fabulous~like smile at me, tell me a joke or give out a hug.  And it simply makes everything worthwhile. 

So Father, thank you for the reminder that you love us simply because we are your children.  And though you love us too much to leave us where we are, the knowledge that we belong to you is enough to make you smile.

My workouts this week are all from Kelly Coffey-Meyer. Her workouts are mostly based on a 30 minute system~you workout 30 minutes but it is tough!

Monday's workout:  30 Minutes to Fitness Weights:  Biceps, Shoulders and Triceps, with Low Impact active rest intervals


Tuesday's workout:  Step Boxing:  Cardio and Abs

Wednesday's workout:  30 Minutes to Fitness Weights:  Back, Chest and Legs, with Low Impact active rest intervals

No comments:

Post a Comment