Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Seems like things have been conspiring against me spending time blogging like I want to.  But, in fact, we take the time to do what we want to!

Last week we had our last co-op day until the end of January.  The kids had a great time but secretly I'm glad to have my mom time Friday mornings back.  But, I bet Tom will miss all his free time he got on Friday mornings as he will have to help the kids out again!

This week the kids and I are looking at the History of Thanksgiving.  We're doing some writing and studying and enjoying finally seeing the leaves begin to change.  And, enjoying some rainfall.

Funny thing about rain~it seems to encourage you to slow down, doesn't it?  And that is always needed.  God says to us to "be still and know that I am God."  I can't be still when I'm constantly rushing around.

So today, let's take a few minutes.  Pet the dog or cat.  Sip a cup of coffee or tea.  And feel deep with in your soul the grace that slips in as we relax in the knowledge that HE is God~and is in control.

Workouts:
Thursday, 11/11~Tracie Long mix:  Kickback (weighted cardio kickboxing), 20 minutes; Power Up (plyos and stretch), 20 minutes

Friday~ 11/12Tracie Long Lift Higher (30 minute lower body workout)  This was my 16th anniversary too!

Saturday 11/13~some yoga and dog walk.  My in laws were here for Maddie's last game and then she had 4 girls over for a sleepover, no time for any other formal workouts.

Sunday 11/14~rest and recovery from sleepover!!

Monday 11/15~beginning of a Slim Series/Kelly Coffey-Meyer week.  Slim Series is a high rep/low weight series.  I did Shape it Up, a total body workout based on opposing muscle groups.  It also has a light cardio effect.


Today:  Kelly Coffey-Meyer Cardio Kick Stepboxing.  I did the warmup, 45 minutes of stepboxing and stretch (54 minutes).

No comments:

Post a Comment