Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Just haven't had it in me to write lately.  It's not been the busy nature of life, that's always there.  I've just been emotionally and intellectually tired, if that makes sense.  I needed a break from my normal routine so I took it.

We studied the usual Thanksgiving things in unusual ways last week and had a good time doing so.  This week we're looking at winter as a theme with our other homeschool work and have done some fun things. 

One of the things we've enjoyed the most is studying Robert Frost's "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening."  We studied Frost himself, discussed what the poem was saying and the power of poetical speech.  Wes, Maddie and Tyler all took a hand at writing their own winter poem and the results were astounding~they were all three really good!  I'll have to ask the children if I can post them here.

Today we studied this history of Advent and the science behind the Winter Solstice.  And, the kids are all three working on a short story about a type of toy they would invent and how it would work.

I'm blessed beyond measure.  I sometimes find myself being introspective and a bit down this time of year, thinking I should do more or be more like so and so.  But God is there, reminding me that the only person I need to hear "well done" from is my Father. And he's crazy about me.

So I pray we all take time this season to soak in his grace.  To look back with gratitude for the first advent, God in a body, and reach forward in anticipation to the second advent, God triumphant.  That's one thing I certainly want to celebrate.

Workouts:  I started a Kelly Coffey-Meyer rotation last week.  Here were my workouts:

Monday, November 22~New You Coming, body sculpting
Tuesday, November 23~30 Minutes to Fitness (MTF), Kickboxing workout number 2
Wednesday, November 24~30 MTF LIFT~Powersculpting and Body Refiner Abs
Thursday, November 25~Thanksgiving, off
Friday, November 26~Cardio/Sculpt Fitness, Sculpt Premix
Saturday, November 27~Get Ready, Step Go
Sunday, November 28~Rest Day
Monday, November 29~30 MTF LIFT, Olympic Lifting
Tuesday, November 30~30 MTF Cardio Blast, Athletic Step; V-Core Floor Core and Stretch

What I've been reading:  John Grisham, Surviving Christmas (cute book)
Livia Washburn, The Christmas Cookie Killer
Murder For Christmas Short Stories, ed. Thomas Godfrey

No comments:

Post a Comment