Friday, November 19, 2010

I enjoyed the serendipity of a different kind of day.  Last night Tom, my husband, told me that he was going to Atlanta for some errands, etc. and would take Maddie and Tyler with him to visit his mom for a few hours.  So early this morning off they went with their school books to have a day away.  Wes and I went to breakfast together after we walked the dog and then he came home to get his schoolwork done as well.

I got some extra cleaning done~dog blankets, throws, slipcovers, etc~then did my workout.  After that I went to the mall, which I never do, and spent Maddie's money on some clothing she wanted at Justice.  It was fun to buy her clothing with her own hard-earned money!!

Now I have cookies baking in the oven to take to the Hayride/Bonfire and then I will to take Wes to his overnight scouting event. Do you remember Oatmeal Scotchies?  I've not had one of those in YEARS and they're as good as I remember, yummmmmm......

I'm looking so forward to being at home tomorrow and mopping some floors, washing sheets and bedcovers, and watching football with no where else to be all day.  When I was younger I would have died having to stay home all day on a Saturday and "be bored"  but now that I'm older, I appreciate the beauty of days unfolding before me with no plans.  Thanks God, for the gift of downtime.

Today's Workout:  Slim Series Firm it Up (hour long lower body workout~I bet I'm a bit sore in the lower half tomorrow.)

No comments:

Post a Comment