Monday, February 28, 2011

This is as close to the color of the sky today as I can get.  We are having severe thunder storms and lightening but my daughter had American Heritage Girls (similar to Girl Scouts) and they only meet once a month.  She missed last month due to mix ups in changed dates.  So, I went out in the nasty weather to take her and they cancelled and didn't inform me.  Grrrr.....


The funny part of that story is that we decided to take Rocky for a ride in the car and he had his nose out the window. When the rain started and hit his nose he pulled his head back in fast and shook his head~he is terrified of water, LOL.


I did the thing the kids loved this morning.  We were all still tired from the busy weekend and lock in so I said it would be an unschool day.  We were especially tired after Rocky escaped from Ty and we spent 35 minutes combing the neighborhood to get him back.  And, this was after I'd taken him on a mile long walk~he just loves to roam!


Tyler spent the day learning about dinosaurs and looking up various books he wanted to read. He also read some and then built with his Legos.  Maddie studied some sewing books, spent time sewing, and researching the type of math book she'd like to use next year.  Wes spent time studying the life of Abraham Lincoln.  He watched a History Channel show on plots to assassinate Lincoln, did some research on them, and then discussed his conclusions from the research with me orally.  He also spent time on some scout stuff.


I'm looking forward to staying inside and enjoying the storm without being in it!!


Today's workout:  Erin O'Brien's Strong Body, Fit Body.  Circuit training weight workout with definite cardio effect.


What I'm reading:  I read a book yesterday (short and small) on homeschooling through high school.  It was okay, nothing earth-shattering.  I got it from the library.  I'm also reading Phillip Yancey's What Good is God as we're studying it in Sunday School.  I highly recommend it, it's very thought provoking.


Oh and Dad~I'll give you my copy when we're done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment