Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I really need to spruce up my blog.  I see so many cute blogs with color, pictures, etc~so not my forte. I'll have to get Wes to help, he's pretty darn good with electronic things.  


Today we finished up our reports on American Revolutionary figures.  Tyler too chose Molly Pitcher, because he thought her name was funny, lol.  We discussed how to take notes, put things in your own words, and annotate sources so you don't plagiarize someone else's work.  One of my children, who shall remain nameless, thought plagiarism a great idea as it takes too much time to think up all the sentences on their own.  Too funny!  After all, I explained, the point is to do your OWN thinking!!


Maddie had to babysit this afternoon and Wes had to go take care of cats for a lady in our church.  When she's out of town he lets them out in the morning and feeds them/puts them in the house at night.  Tyler and Tom had piano lessons.  


While Tom, Ty, Maddie and Wes were all busy, I ran an errand.  I've had the same black boots since Wes was about 5, I'm embarrassed to say.  They're still fine as far as style, just starting to have rips, etc.  I've been watching a pair with soft insoles, a bit more expensive than the originals. Today they were marked down and half off, bringing the price to only $8.74.  Now that, my friends, is God taking care of all aspects of my life, even my feet.


I'm off to church dinner.  I can't wait to see how he encourages me~and whom he uses me to encourage~today.  I can't wait.  To quote (or rather, misquote) Forrest Gump, "Following Jesus is like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you're gonna get."  But you know it will be good~because I've never met a variety of chocolate I haven't liked.


Today's workout:  Crunch Fat Burning Blast (43 minutes of Latin, boxing, and floor cardio  followed by 5 minutes of abs); afternoon yoga:  Hemalayya Yoga for Everyone (I'm really sore from yesterday's workout and this was a gentle way to stretch it all out); dog walk.


What I'm reading:  Hungry Girl and Flat Belly Diet Cookbooks.  Someone told me there are some good recipes in there and I checked them out from the library.  I've gotten into a cooking rut.

No comments:

Post a Comment