Thursday, February 17, 2011

The kids had a hard, hard time concentrating today.  It was 70 degrees out and they had spring fever!!  We did as little written work as possible and then watched an episode of Drive Thru History I found at the library.  It's put out by the National Day of Prayer, 30ish minutes long, and was great.  They also did several hands-on science experiments, so at least they weren't sitting all day. Then they got outside to enjoy the sunshine. 


This morning I had to go to the post office.  I was overwhelmed when talking to God on my drive home about how much he loves me.  So many Christians don't take the time to bask in God's love, letting it warm our very souls, like the sun warms us with it's rays. I began to weep with the knowledge of how much he loves me.  


So, my prayer for you is that you find time to sit quietly with the Father, letting his rays warm your soul.  There's just something so uplifting about spending time with the Son, isn't there?


Today's workout:  Petra Kolber, Cardio for Beginners, 10 Minute Athletic Cardio; Weight Watcher's Belly, Butt and Thighs Stability Ball workout with my gal Stephanie Huckabee.  I've found since going mostly low impact that my feet don't hurt like they did, my hips aren't grumpy, etc.  BUT, it's hard to find workouts that are low impact~you end up using beginner ones and making your motions bigger, etc.  I've gotten good at modifying my workouts up.

No comments:

Post a Comment