Tuesday, May 3, 2011

We had a wonderful day.  About 11 the kids and I went over to Rome Action Ministries warehouse and spent about 2 1/2 hours filling food bags there.  We filled, lifted, walked around, etc.  It felt good for the kids to be the hands of Jesus for people in our community who lost homes due to the recent storms and tornadoes.  That is one of the reasons I homeschool after all~to be able to take advantage of opportunities like this.


I do have to tell a funny story.  I am not a glowing type gal~when I work I sweat.  I had called my friend Anna who homeschools her 4 children and they joined us at RAM to fill bags today.  Well, there I was in a 3/4 length sleeve top and crops, because the weather was supposed to be cooler.  (It was, but not until after we were done and the rain moved in, lol).  Anna was in a skirt and top, looking like a million bucks, not sweaty at all.  So, what happens but someone from the local newspaper shows up taking pictures of us and interviewing the kids?  Just too funny!!!  LOL!!!


But, above all, we served.  And, whether or not we ever know who this helped, we know we've been faithful.  So often I am the first to whine and complain if I'm tested or uncomfortable in any way. I'm grateful to my kids, who showed me the value of hard work, fellowship and obedience today.  And, showed me that the hands and feet of Christ come in all ages and sizes.


Today's Workout:  Debbie Rocker's Walking for Weightloss.  Basic walking workout I rented from Netflix. Gorgeous outdoor scenery, nice squat and lunge sets for the lower body, nice jogging intervals. But not as much variety in moves as Leslie so a wee bit boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment