Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Tomorrow is our last official day of school work.  We round out the year and week on Friday with a field trip to see a Civil War Battle Re-enactment, complete with field campsites, etc.  We're looking forward to that a lot.


Yesterday and today was spent on last minute work and talking about what type of curriculum to use next year.  We went to Barnes and Noble and looked around today and discussed our options.  I can't believe how quickly the time flies.


Last night we watched half of Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows, Part I, which we rented from Netflix.  We saw it in theaters last year and are re-watching it before the final movie comes out in July.  Guess we'll finish it tonight after church dinner and Maddie gets done babysitting.  


As we watched the movie, I thought about how I'd watched the actors/actresses playing the Harry Potter characters grow up on screen over the years.  I thought about my own children.  Are they perfect?  Far from it.  Do they each have areas of growth?  You bet!  Do I see them moving in the right direction?  Absolutely.  Am I proud of the growth and work they've accomplished?  100 percent.  But, above all, I'm humbled and grateful to God for his work in them.  And, excited to see what the future holds as "He who began a good work in them will bring it to completion."  


Yesterday's workout:  Leslie Sansone 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk, with light hand weights.  No yoga, chose to watch the movie instead.


Today's workout:  I overslept and needed a quick, effective weight workout so grabbed The Firm Body Sculpt Blaster (30 minutes). Tonight I'll do 10 minutes of yoga before the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment