Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday, Monday.  I always get a bit restless at the start of summer, finding it hard to slip out of the homeschooling mode.  And I struggle with what the children should be doing during the summer anyway.


Last night I went to be about a half hour late, thinking I would be able to sleep in a half an hour longer during the summer before getting up to exercise.  Well, I woke and ended up getting up at the same time~my body is conditioned to it. And, remember me talking about the long struggle to adjust, so that's a praise to the Lord.


After my exercise and shower and breakfast, I slipped out for a half an hour with the Lord at Panera bread.  A cup of coffee and my daily Bible are sweet, sweet times that I have there~my favorite hideaway!  By the time I was finished the kids were ready to do something so we went to Dollar General~fun field trip, huh?  We got some inexpensive journals and pencils for summer writing; Father's Day cards and a birthday card for Wes.  I can't BELIEVE my first born will be 15 tomorrow, where does the time go?


Tyler has spent the afternoon playing with a friend, but he did do some work in his summer curriculum he picked out. Maddie and Wes journaled a question for me about their favorite activities from the last school year and ideas for the summer.  They also mopped the kitchen and den for me while I did a lot of laundry. Oh, and Maddie bathed Penny the beagle since Tom's been complaining that she smells like, well, a DOG, imagine that!


Now dinner is cooking and then Wes has scouts.  The kids had time to do some fun things and still kept up a rhythm of learning and living that I think will be a good one for us.  All in all, a nice start to the summer.


Today's workout:  Well, it's Monday, isn't it?  So it's Erin O'Brien day.  I did the standing work from Strong Body, Fit Body (which is  compound weight work, where you work the upper and lower body at the same time); then the floor work from Strong Body, Ageless Body (a lovely mix of traditional strength work and pilates); and finally the stretch from Strong Body, Fit Body.  Tonight will be Perfect in 10 Stretch, two segments:  Upper Body, Back and Hips; Hips and Legs.


Saturday's workout:  Slim Series Tear it Up (high rep, low weight total body with cardio intervals).

No comments:

Post a Comment