Thursday, May 5, 2011

Happy Cinco de Mayo. My kids love to celebrate the 5th of May, Mexican Independence Day, ever since we had a friend from Mexico in Lavoina. Well, we actually found out that it's NOT Mexican Independence Day!  Here is some information we unearthed about Cinco de Mayo.


Cinco De Mayo marks the 1862 battle of Puebla, during which Mexican troops defeated the French army in an underdog victory regarded as a symbol of national unity. Mexico celebrates Independence Day on September 16, but Cinco De Mayo is only observed regionally.

 Since Cinco de Mayo is observed more in the United States than throughout Mexico, lol, we decided to try a small, authentic Mexican restaurant for dinner tonight and call that our big Mother's Day Celebration.  With Tom preaching and getting out of church after everyone else on Sunday, the restaurants will be crowded anyway. So, Tom is making  a picnic lunch for us to enjoy then~he's a great guy, isn't he?


I can't honestly remember what the heck we did today, it's a blur.  I know Maddie worked hard to finish her school work because she had to babysit from 12:30-3:00.  I had to work hard to keep Tyler doing his school work~he's ready for the end of school for sure~he wants to be outdoors as much as possible.  Wes and I walked the dog while Tyler finished things up.  We also spent time reading books and trying to decide what type of science we wanted to vote on to study at co-op next year. I think the overwhelming response ended up being Astronomy and my kids are thrilled.


Tomorrow is a real, honest-to-goodness Mom's day out for me.  I am excited to get out on my own on a Friday morning while Tom supervises schoolwork!!


Today's workout:  Kelly Coffey-Meyer T.L.C. (Train Like a Contender):  Warmup, Boxing, Stretch.  Loved this workout!!!  Dog walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment