Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Well, we had a great first day back at school. We enjoyed doing some Bible Study together; worked on our math; did a creative writing project about winter; and then played some games in the afternoon.  All in all, a great day back.  Plus, the kids took all the ornaments off the tree and packed the tree away for me. What wonderful kids, huh? 


We also got our dogs back from my MIL's today.  I'm SUCH a huge animal lover and it's AMAZING how much I missed those two beasts.  It just didn't seem like home without them.


I have committed to praying this prayer each morning in January. It's a tough one to pray but settles my spirit down with the reminder of what is truly important in life. It's a prayer by John Wesley.  I quote it here with the prayer that it blesses your life by focusing on who, when allowed to be in charge of our lives, holds us in his hand. He created us. He's wild about us. He's FOR us.


I am no longer my own but Yours. 
Put me to what You will.
Put me to doing. Put me to suffering, 
Let me be employed for Your, or laid aside for You,
Exulted for You, or brought low for You.
Let me be full, let me be empty,
Let me have all things, let me have nothing.
I freely and wholeheartedly yield all things to Your pleasure and disposal.
And now glorious and blessed God,
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit,
You are mine and I am Yours. So be it.
And this covenant now made on earth,
Let it be satisfied in Heaven.
Amen



Today's workout:  The Firm Dangerous Curves Ahead Cardio Express; 5 minutes of yoga, back bends.

No comments:

Post a Comment