Thursday, January 19, 2012

Mommy time, Mommy time!  Tonight I get some Mommy time.  It's the smallest things that make me happy.  Tonight Tom, Wes, and Tyler have passes to go see the Shorter Hawks Men's Basketball team play.  They are super excited.  Shorter is ranked number 1 in the NAIA polls and are undefeated. They're playing the team ranked number 4. And we're blessed to have a church member who works in the Athletic Department.


I am not going because Maddie is babysitting for her favorite two girls and boy down the street and I always stick close by in case of a problem. Well, she's babysitting for the Shorter Coach and his wife, lol. They are fabulous, wonderful Christian people and we're blessed to know them.  Maddie just hopes all the success he's had with the Shorter program doesn't mean some bigger school snags him and takes her babysitting gig with sweet children away!!


Today we spent time on Astronomy, particularly Mars.  Ty's studying it for his Astronomy co-op class tomorrow and the older two always sit in. They add a lot to the discussion (particularly Wes, who is into Astronomy big time) and they learn from it as well.  We finished up the school work we wanted to get done this week and did our big day of cleaning (bathrooms, mopping, dusting, etc).  It feels good to be facing the weekend with all of that done. 


I also have dinner in the crock pot~two crock pots, lol. Where would I be without them?  Thank you Lord for the simple things in life~like my crock pot that freed me up to walk for a mile with Tucker.


Today's workout:  HIIT/Interval day.  I did two 20 minute Firm Express workouts.  I also indulged in 5 minutes of yoga, concentrating on the neck and shoulders.  And, of course, the walk with the Tucker Man. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment