Saturday, January 14, 2012

Those who know me well know I don't like shopping.  If I could, I'd sit in my house and order everything online~even my groceries. I wouldn't mind picking them up, just don't want to have to go fight crowds, etc.~especially on a Saturday.


So Maddie and Tyler know I love them because I gave up a coveted Saturday nap to take Ty to Walmart and Barnes and Noble and Maddie to the mall.  On a Saturday. Actually, it turned out better than expected.  I found a pair of black dress pants to wear to church to replace my older ones (as in 5 years old) and got them at a great price.  The mall and Walmart weren't that crowded. And, I found a fabulous new perfume at Rue 21 where Maddie went shopping that I'm going to ask Tom to get me for Valetine's Day. It's a nice, light spring/summer scent that I can still smell faintly so it lasts nicely and won't bowl you over. And it cost $9.99.  I usually am drawn to the most expensive things out there so this is a true bargain!


The rest of the day was spent overseeing Saturday a.m. chores, picking up Wes  (he spent the night with a friend), taking care of pets, prepping dinner (where would I be without my two crock-pots), and exercising.  I did manage to watch part of the Kentucky Wildcat football game I DVR-d and am glad I didn't see it live, yikes~a nail-biter of a win.  Now I'm getting ready to watch Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos take on Tom Brady and the New England Patriots.


Tomorrow the kids are going to a Winter Jam concert in Atlanta with Tom and the youth in the church. So tomorrow evening will be all mine.  I'm looking forward to the alone time for sure.


Something I started doing this week is summarizing daily what I'm learning in my Bible Study. Then on Saturday I come up with a summary of the week and then share it verbally with someone. I find it gets cemented into my mind and my heart and I'm more likely to find it changing my behavior.  So, I challenge you to find someone to "brag on the Lord" to.  It will help both of you and  you'll also develop "kingdom eyes" that see the Lord everywhere you look.  


Today's workout:  Barefoot workout day!  Ellen Barrett's SloRobics (athletic/standing pilates cardio and pilates mat work).

No comments:

Post a Comment