Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wednesday, Wednesday. Busy day as usual. I also had a UMW dinner last night so didn't get a chance to write then.


This week Wes is trying a different routine. He spent the day Tuesday on Astronomy research, reading and writing. Today he spent the day doing the same with Biology and Spelling/Grammar. Tomorrow he's going to work all day on Algebra.  I like that the kids can decide on things like that.  If you get on a roll why do you have to stop after a pre-set time and go to a new subject?  Anyway, he said it made the day go by quickly and was a nice change of pace.


Maddie, my girl I thought would never memorize her multiplication tables, is LOVING pre-Algebra this year.  Who knew all I had to do was throw in a few "x" and "y" variables to make math fun, lol?


And Tyler has not had much interest in math either.  I've avoided using Saxon math with him because of all the repetition and drill. The other two HATED it. Well, we found a book at a Thrift store and since I don't have other kids who would use the text behind him I just let him do the problems right in the hardback text.  Lo and behold, he LOVES it.


Which is one of the reasons I homeschool:  flexibility to use what works with each child.  And the joy of seeing their faces when the "get" it.


Yesterday's workout:  The Firm Time Crunch Cardio, 2 sections (40 minutes):  Fat Burning Blasts (4 Limb cardio with higher impact bursts throughout); and a Cardio Dance Segment; 5 minutes of yoga; quick 5 minute walk with Tucker in between rain showers.


Today's workout: Firm Hard Core Fusion (60 minute weight and cardio intervals); longer walk with Tucker.

No comments:

Post a Comment