Tuesday, January 24, 2012

During our first co-op last Friday, Tyler had his Astronomy class. They made Martian rovers out of graham crackers, cake icing, cookies, and candy. Here was Tyler ready to eat his.  I was glad I didn't have to supervise those kids hyped on sugar the rest of the day!  My next two classes were with Wes and Maddie's group. They are taking a cool art class and a book club where they read and discuss The Hobbit, complete with snacks appropriate to the chapters.


The weekend was nice but then Monday and today were busy.  Yesterday Tom and I had an hour and a half meeting in conjunction with the All Things New course he took in the fall~the one he did all the work for.  I was nervous for sure!  We left for Atlanta in the pouring rain/storms and the kids and I did Bible Study on the way down and read from various Astronomy mags and History mags and discussed things. (Thanks a TON for the History magazines, Dad, they came in handy!).  It was a sneaky and fun way to get school in.  After a nice lunch (roast beef and veggies, yum) at my inlaws home Tom and I took off. The kids spent the afternoon playing cards with Big Daddy (what they call my FIL) and Tom and I were grilled with tough questions.  But the Lord was there and it was actually fun.  One of the pastors interviewing us told Tom he had a strong advocate in me and I'm praising the Lord for helping me to get that across to them.


We got on I-75 after a quick stop at our denominational bookstore only to find out that a oil tanker had overturned on the road and blocked several lanes.  We made a detour and came home a round about way via I-20 and Villa Rica.  I'm amazed that Atlantans can deal with that traffic all the time.  We flew in and Tom went to a meeting at church while I got Wes to Scouts and stopped by Sam's Club.  I was one happy woman when I got home last night!!


Wes had an ortho appointment today at 10 am so I was looking forward to getting up and getting going but was pondering how to get a workout in since I skipped yesterday.  Well, I woke up at 5:20 and couldn't get back to sleep so got up at 6 and exercised.  By now I'm a very tired puppy so staying up to see the Kentucky-Georgia basketball game isn't looking good.


The kids spent the day on science, grammar and writing.  One of the kids took Wes' last Bingle (a red velvet type Twinkie that he loves) and no one confessed so he wrote an Ode to My Missing Bingle and it was HYSTERICAL.  


Oh and it also looks like Wes might be getting his braces off in April~stay tuned for details.


Friday's workout:  Denise Austin Quick Burn Cardio Cardio and Weights; Dog Walk


Saturday's workout:  Ellen Barrett Fat Burning Pilates; Dog Walk


Sunday~Rest Day(dog walk around the block)


Monday~Another Rest Day


Today~Keeping Fit Strength; Dog Walk


What I'm reading;  The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne(you can get TONS of classics free for the Kindle); A.W. Tozer's The Pursuit of God (wanna be challenged to take your faith to another level?  Read Tozer~it's free for the Kindle an will cause you to examine your inner life!)

No comments:

Post a Comment