Friday, March 4, 2011

Thanks for all the prayers, the class went well.  Yes, they're active and like to talk but they were so cute and sweet.  I enjoyed teaching them a lot but am glad I don't have that responsibility from week to week!


As soon as I got done cleaning up I found out that I had to oversee PE for the 6th and up kids.  The PE teacher was out too. There were so many moms out that it kind of made the day crazy.  But the older kids are easy to work with. We gave them boundaries and told them to play capture the flag and they had a ball.


After co-op, Tom and the guys got haircuts and then worked in Wes' room putting his bed a bit higher off the floor~mostly so Tom could use the space to store some of his junk, er, treasures there.  Lest I throw stones, I must admit I have a lot of books and exercise stuff and need to do some wedding out myself.


I took Maddie to the library and in the meantime, Tom ordered Pappa John's Pizza for us, yea. I think he had fun because he did all the ordering online and was looking at pictures of pizza and trying out what different toppings on them looked like, lol.  Maddie and I had enough time to go by Arby's and grab a sugar free Peach Flavored Green  Tea.  If it wasn't so expensive, I would be addicted to that stuff, it's wonderful.


Now were home and frankly, all I want to do is take a warm bath and watch a Poirot movie, Sad Cypress, that I rented from Netflix.  It's cold here (okay, only 51 but it's been in the 70s for a bit and there are strong winds making it feel much colder).  Plus, I have to go to a church meeting all morning tomorrow and Wes is having a friend over in the afternoon to spend the night. Frankly, I'm getting that frantic feeling of needing "me" time.  I'd just read the story of Jesus telling his disciples that they needed to get away and rest, only to be confronted by needs of multitudes.  He took care of the crowd, and then made sure he and  his disciples got their batteries recharged.  So, I'm asking him to make a little oasis for me in the midst of a busy weekend.  And, I'm sure he'll respond~because that is who he is.  


Today's Workout:  Powerfit Legs and Shoulders; Powerfit Harmony Body Balance (core)


What I'm reading:  Honey for a Teen's Heart and Turning your Teens into Readers, both by Gladys Hunt. They're excellent books on how to read, how to be discerning, and tons of lists of great books to interest teenagers. The kids are looking forward to checking out some of her recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment