Saturday, March 5, 2011

It's been overcast most of the day and now it's raining.  The good news is that I talked to Tom about my need for "me" time and he said I could have that time today and not attend the meeting.  He's given me the details and it sounds like it went great!


So, I went out all alone and read my Bible and drank some coffee.  The manager on duty at the coffee place asked me what I was reading and we had a good time just bragging on the Lord, as one of my friends calls talking about Jesus!  Then I went consignment shopping.  Wes ripped a pair of his jeans on his bike last week so I got a pair for him for $3, Levis, great shape.  I can't sew AT ALL so that was definitely cheaper than having the older ones fixed and he has two pairs to get him through until the summer heat kicks in.


Today, in my studies, I found a great thought by Selwyn Hughes, who does the devotionals in my Daily Bible.  He said we have a deep need to talk to God about the circumstances of our lives.  Isn't that great?  So often we feel guilty if our prayers aren't Biblical enough, deep enough, intercessory enough...(feel free to add many more "shoulds" to this list).  Not that there's not truth there, but we must remember that telling God about our thoughts, hurts, life, deepens that relationship we have with our Father.  And, a deepened relationship fosters trust, peace, even acceptance.  


As the rain softens the earth outside my window, I pray the truth that God cares about the details of your life softens your heart today. 


P.S.  Even though it's Saturday, the kids have been having some fun reading today.  It's a great rainy day activity.  Except Wes, who has decided to play Xbox most of the day. Sigh.  I'm glad that thing is kept off, for the most part, during the week~he only gets 45 minutes AT MOST on that thing in the afternoons.


Today's workout:  Andrea Metcalf's Keeping Fit Cardio (lower impact, boxing) and it's my new favorite.  I've not done a 56 minute cardio workout without being bored in a long time so that's great.









No comments:

Post a Comment