Thursday, March 3, 2011

I noticed I spend a lot of time telling you what the kids did and saying that they also did their regular workbooks, etc.  That is a regular part of our day and includes math, language, arts, spelling/handwriting, etc.  So from now on, I'm not going to talk about it~just know we do it and I'm discussing the extra little fun things we do.  This will save me from typing the same old boring thing, okay?


Sometimes I think my Dad, and possibly Tom, are the only people who follow along with my blog.  That's fine, it's more of an on-going record for me so I can easily put together my end of the year report.  And, remember all the little things that add up to our lives.   But today, one of my friends said she's been enjoying reading my blog and seeing what color I'll use to write.  So, for my buddy, I chose fuchsia pink because I love all shades of pink but hot pink is my favorite!!


I found some old worksheets for science that we hadn't touched in ages and pulled one out and copied it for the kids.  It asked them to identify 9 birds by picture and then list some interesting or unique fact about four different birds.  They worked together on the project, using books, the internet, etc. and had a ball.  It was a great thinking project to narrow down a lot of facts to a simple phrase.  Tyler did a great job with this when he said, "Blue Jays are aggressive thieves."  Too funny.


We THOUGHT we had homeschool swim lessons start today but no go. We got over there and they start next week.  Oh well, that's life.  I then had to run to the store to buy a few things for homeschool co-op tomorrow.  I'm pinch hitting at the last minute for a mom with a sick child and teaching a science lesson on the sense of taste to K-1st graders.  I have chocolate, lemon, bananas, and salt for them to taste blindfolded!  Pray for me, last minute stuff is not my forte and I've not gotten the email with the lesson yet!!


Yesterday a friend asked me what I was looking forward to this spring.  I thought about that long and hard and here is what I wrote:  "Visiting my parents at the end of the month. I'll be Kentucky from March 21-26 and my 46th birthday is on the 25th. I am excited about turning 46. I can no longer pretend I'm young and can embrace each day of life God allows me and am starting to relax and be myself. Especially with fitness. No more doing a workout just to get results someone raved about. I want to move, be healthy, and find joy in working out."  It was a fitness buddy who asked the question, that's why I took the turn I did. (I'll be sharing more over the next bit of time about why I think exercise is so important but suffice it to say when one member doesn't function if effects the others.)


So, my question to you is the same that I asked yesterday of my Facebook buddies.  I said that kickboxing makes me feel empowered, healthy and athletic.  I love it.  What do you do for yourself that nurtures you?  If you can't think of something, set aside time to be with the Lord and ask for his guidance.


Gotta run, having dinner at a Mexican restaurant with my Bible Study Ladies.  Wonder what Tom will give the children for dinner?


Today's Workout:  Get Sexy (ugh) again~med ball cardio and floor work for glutes and abs; Powerfit Harmony Strong Pull (biceps, back, shoulders, inner thighs and hamstrings).

No comments:

Post a Comment