Thursday, March 17, 2011

I am not a morning person at all.  I love to stay up late and get up late.  And, lately, I've not been sleeping well due to waking up a bit stuffy or having a cough with my dry throat.  So, it was a surprise to me that I woke up at 6:20 am today~and that I enjoyed it.


Tom is one of those disgusting morning people who gets up a couple of days a week to go to a 5:15 am spin class so he was long gone. (And I don't think he's disgusting, that's pure jealousy over him being up and chipper so early).  I took my time getting breakfast, checking some emails, etc.  Then I left before 7:30 am and got coffee at Panera Bread, lingering over my Bible reading and personal study.  By the time I got home about 8:15, Tom was getting ready to leave and the kids were up, ready to shower, eat and begin school.  It was absolutely refreshing to feel like I wasn't behind or trying to get going just like everyone else.


The topic of interest today was the levels of the ocean and how much psi (pounds per square inch, Mom, Tyler told me) that exerted on the body and what that felt like.  We spent a lot of time talking about this and using some math skills to determine how many 0s you needed to write some really big numbers.


We then at lunch together, since the kids have homeschool swim and soccer this afternoon, and decided to work on long division.  Yes, Tyler is getting excited about division and was getting everyone into the mood to do some work with him.  Maddie did a fun little spur of the moment problem to find out how many thoughts she would have in a day if she had one per second (that's 86,400 in case you're interested).  I told her I hoped her brain at least took a break when she slept!


Today I was studying Eve and how so many decisions seem so big to us at the time and they simply aren't.  And how so many seemingly small decisions (I mean, it's just a bite of fruit, right?) mask bigger issues in our hearts and lead to long-term consequences.  I know that there are some that I simply regret that started out innocently.  I pray God fills my heart with a hunger for him, and satisfies me with good things.  I don't want to settle for wax fruit when a feast awaits, do you?


Today's workout:  MBodied Cardio; Prevention 400 Calorie Fix Cardio and stretch(45 minutes of cardio)


What I'm reading:  Last night I read pretty much all of Agatha Christie's Sad Cypress again.  I picked it up to do so last week after watching the movie and never ended up reading it.


My Lenten study is Wilderness Wanderings:  A Lenten Pilgrimmage, by Marilyn Brown Oden. Each day has a different focus and this week we've looked at solitude, silence, study, and scripture, so far.  


I'm also reading and working through a FABULOUS book I borrowed from the library~I'll end up purchasing it from Amazon, I'm pretty sure. It's called Room To Write by Bonni Goldberg.  It has tons of chapters that give you a word (bear) a thought (I remember), etc. and asks you to just randomly fill a page or two using that spark.  I highly recommend it to those of you who, like me, love to write.


Oh, and P.S.  What I do here is pretty much stream of consciousness.  I do spell check and occasionally make changes for clarity but don't spend much time perfecting anything.  I just write what comes to mind as I sit here!  It's great practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment