Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I feel like the part of Dr. Seuss' book Oh the Places You'll Go where they talk about being at the waiting place.   Ty's friend Garrison was in from Chattanooga for the afternoon and I'm waiting for his mom to get back with Ty and Garrison.  I'm waiting for the new pastor to come see the house.  I'm waiting for Tom to get back with Wes from fixing sandwiches for a ministry our church participates in with other churches.  I'm waiting for Tucker to quit crying because he's out in the hot back yard and not in the cool house!  Just waiting.  The word for the day.  And, often, the word I least like to hear from the Father.  


When I realize a need I want it met now.  When I realize an area of growth I want to be fully mature now.  When I have an area of pain I want it gone now.  But God's way more into character than comfort and that often is the result of waiting.  And seeking.  And praying.


So thanks for the waiting day, Father.  Slow me down more often so I have time to just be with you.


Today's workout:  Kari Anderson Sweat Express II, 25 minutes; TA Meta Ab L2D6; 1 mile dog walk with Tucker at 7:30 (at which point we already had 89% humidity, yuck).

No comments:

Post a Comment