Thursday, May 24, 2012

Happy 16th birthday to my son Wes.  I can't believe 16 years have come and gone since he was first laid in my arms.  It was love at first sight.  The fits of crying, colic, and fears of breaking him seem like a thing of the past.  I've watched him grow into a fine young man.  A man willing to help others, try new things, and learn everything he can about God.  I'm so proud to be your mom, Wes, and can't wait to see what the next 16 years bring.


I've decided to take the week off of formal exercise.  I'm walking Tucker but that's it.  I usually feel guilty if I do this but I decided to listen to my heart, mind, and body.  Tom's home and we're packing and sorting; Wes has a birthday; tomorrow is co-op field day; Saturday is a Rome Braves Game with the church; Sunday we take Maddie to Camp Glisson and will spend the night with buddies in Blue Ridge and come home Monday.  My workouts will be waiting for me then, won't they?


P.S.  I know it's dark~taken in his room in the basement.  I'll try to post some better pictures from the Mellow Mushroom~that's where we're having dinner tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment